Friday, April 22, 2011

Nature is always better....but

I recently read a story about a nearby city using goats, instead of man power and nasty chemicals, to rid a park of noxious weeds. Way to go Charlottesville! I strongly approve of this method. Here's the story:  City Tries Out a Goat Friendly Way to Get Rid of Weeds - NBC29

But then I had to wonder: Why is the city paying to have the goats eat? Shouldn't the herders be happy to have free pasture? That said, I'd still rather pay for the goats than all the labor and use chemicals. It's about time we got back to the tried and true methods of weed control that ranchers have known about for centuries.

Also, I'm a bit curious about methods used to keep the children from encountering the electric fence. My common sense says good parenting should be enough--reality says that's just wishful thinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment